Uic Government Services / Bowhead
Tracking Code MC-18-0996-F
Job Code 18-0996
Posting Title Contracts Specialist III
Post Date 6/5/2018
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Description CONTRACT SPECIALIST III (MC-18-0996-F)
Bowhead supports Contract Specialist III who is responsible for managing critical contractual formation and management, obligations of high risk and visibility. Requires high degree of independent and creative judgment applied to highest-level goals and objectives of the corporation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation and administration of contracts or subcontracts.
- Analyzes estimates of service, material, equipment, and production cost.
- Reviews performance requirements ensuring contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications and federal regulations.
- Issue contract and financial program documents.
- Structures terms and conditions to reflect company business strategy.
- Monitors company performance for compliance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications and federal regulations.
- Participates and as needed coordinates inter-departmental support to program and proposal teams.
- Prepares and disseminates information throughout the company regarding contract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation and termination.
- Interfaces with Corporate databases and systems to track Contracts and Accounting data (e.g. CLM, Cost Point, etc.).
- Prepares special reports and analyses as required. Champions contract policy and procedure revision and improvement.
- Understands the business case and has an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- Supports occasional day or overnight travel requirements to perform duties away from assigned office.
- May prepare/review/approve contract level proposals.
- May provide guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members. May mentor less-experienced contract professionals.
- May provide formal training in contract domain expertise. May lead negotiation responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5 Plus years of Contract Administration experience required with understandings of OSHA, ITAR, Government Property, AND DoD Contracting.
- Experience with Government manufacturing contracts in a high-tech environment.
- Requires a self-starter personality with superior organizational, interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to use analytical and critical thinking skills to identify problems (current and future) and possible solutions under tight deadlines.
- Preference for strong Supplier and Customer relationship skill set and track record of results.
- NCMA certifications preferred.
SECURITY CLEARANCE MAY BE REQUIRED: US Citizenship is a requirement for this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UICs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. Applicants may be subject to a random drug screen, and must follow UICs Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
All candidates must apply online at *****************, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (******************************************************
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicants resume/application may be subject to verification.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to Apply: **********************
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Uic Government Services / Bowhead