As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
• Negotiate and manage enterprise-wide agreements with Information Technology software vendors, Telecommunication services, Professional Services and related services ensuring timely, accurate and market-competitive rates
• Assist in the preparation of IT procurement budgets and documentation for major implementations, upgrades, replacements and related support contract costs
• Provide procurement support to end users for technology solutions, including analysis of capital and operating budget impact, technology solution functionality and its application to the business, and analyses of competitive or similar products in the marketplace or in the organization.
• Assist in the preparation of analyses of budgets and documentation for major initiatives, minimizing TCO
• Participate in project evaluation, market analyses, contract negotiation and contract execution.
• Maintain enterprise software license and maintenance agreements for IT vendors, critical application software license and maintenance agreements for Health Information System (HIS) vendors and transactional purchasing agreements through VAR/LAR.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new technology developments and industry best practices in the IT, IS, HIS and telecom industries.
• Participate in RFP evaluation, market analyses, contract negotiation and contract execution
• Work closely with members of finance, IT, legal, HR and end users throughout the contracting and negotiating lifecycle
• Develop and maintain relationships with IT vendors and manufacturers.
• Participate on procurement related committees and special projects as assigned.
• Seek opportunities to consolidate IT vendors, lower costs and improve operational efficiency
* Minimum of five years experience in IT Sourcing, IT procurement or IT contracts related position
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or related work experience
* Experience negotiating with technology and large IT vendors.
* Strong competitive market analytical skills
* Experience addressing intellectual property rights, copyright issues, and software compliance
* Familiarity with technology and market research companies.
* Expertise in strategic planning and sourcing, contract negotiations, cost savings, vendor management, and customer relations
Other Preferred Attributes:
* Relevant Industry Certifications including CPM
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including MSWord and Excel; familiarity with PeopleSoft, SharePoint and Ariba a plus
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Partner's Healthcare is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Website : http://www.partners.org
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community locally and globally. Collaboration among our institutions and health care professionals is central to our efforts to advance our mission.