Would you like to join Fortune 7 CVS Health leading our dynamic procurement team? As a Strategic Procurement Contract Negotiator - Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the CVS Health enterprise in drafting, negotiating, and finalizing contractual documents for non-merchandise goods and services.
In this role, you will also lead and represent Strategic Procurement on project teams that include or report to CVS leadership and are tasked with facilitating enterprise-wide special projects, proposing and executing company-wide savings initiatives, developing and carrying out CVS policy, meeting and exceeding business goals, supporting diversity among CVS vendors and within the enterprise, and driving CVS growth and alignment.
You will draft, prepare and review contract documents in accordance with policies and procedures designed to minimize potential exposure while improving benefits. You will negotiate all key terms of contract documents, including but not limited to Legal and business terms to provide the appropriate level of risk mitigation as well as value for the enterprise.
Additionally you will, analyze all contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures and requirements.
The ability to effectively communicate the importance and intent of all such provisions to both internal and external partners is crucial to success in this role.
You will communicate with internal team members and business partners to draft and negotiate pertinent provisions and accurately memorialize specific conditions into appropriate scopes of work, service level agreements, financial incentives, turn-around-times or similar documents. You will interact consistently with key CVS partners to ensure all current policies are reflected in contract documents and vendor communications.
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working with sourcing colleagues to support development of RFP requests by providing the necessary contractual documentation for participants to review as components of the exercise.
• You will answer questions posed by participants’ legal counsel in the course of RFP negotiations and ensure problematic provisions are introduced to business leaders as key focal points of internal consideration when resolving awards.
• You are the key point of contact and communication between Legal, finance, senior leadership, and business teams as well as the vendor concerning status and resolution of intensified contract issues and disputes that cannot be resolved at the Negotiator level.
• You will accurately and comprehensively identifying contractual risks and associated dangers for purposes of concern to Leadership to properly investigate and explain contractual concerns thoroughly.
• Leading discussions and revisions to contract language reflecting new requirements and finalize new template documents through appropriate internal channels.
• You routinely participate in presentations, webinars and table discussions to engage and educate corporate-wide business departments to promote compliance with Corporate Purchasing and Contracts Policies.
• You will demonstrate established proficiency utilizing all evolving technological tools to streamline daily tasks and communications.
• You will act as a SME when presenting to Senior Leadership on complex deal concepts and non-standard provisions requiring executive approval.
• Leading multiple high visibility, high priority contracts on a regular basis and closeout a variety of initiatives expeditiously with minimal oversight
• You will work both independently and as part of a team to identify and analyze unique contractual relationships and craft terms to best fit the business relationship.
• 3 years of related contract negotiations experience.
• 3 or more years reviewing, editing and drafting contractual conditions and terms.
• 5 years professional experience with Microsoft Office.
• You are able to prioritize multiple tasks & high volume of contractual negotiations simultaneously.
• You have experience as a recurring user of Ariba Contract Management platform (or similar tool).
• You are a Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM).
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Master's degree and/or JD are preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at **** and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at ****
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&****
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please ****. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, ****. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: ****