HCA Holdings, Inc
Job Code: 20796-66882
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE NATION\'S LARGEST PROVIDER OF HEALTHCARE SERVICES!
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do great work with us, so we are excited to say we have an amazing tuition reimbursement program to help you further your career with our organization.
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). We manage a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
To check out more about us please visit: http://hcahealthcare.com/about/
We are seeking an CONTRACTS AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to manager all development and contracting projects including process management, standardization and improvement, problem management, communication, customer service and relationship building. Our staff and physicians are dedicated to quality patient care and we are seeking a leader who values our team and our patients as much as we do!
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Analyzes new and existing physician contracts including requested modifications to contract language, compensation models, compensation amounts, etc. Utilize PAWS and other FMV tools to determine allowable payment methodologies.
* Prepares information and works with Executive Assistants to prepare appropriate contracts in Upside.
* Initiates approval of concept forms, works with appraisers and development department on all aspects of new acquisitions including FMV s of compensation, assets, real estate, etc. Works with physicians and their staff on FMV data gathering. Analyzes data, determines and proposes pay models and levels including all aspects of compensation-clinic pay, call pay, medical directorships, co-management arrangements, etc.
* Manages all development and contracting projects by organizing all projects in a systematic manner always knowing the status and next steps for all action items.
* Communicates well with multiple departments as to the status of projects while supporting their needs. This includes development, operations, finance and others.
* Monitors and keeps current all development reports such as status of deals with PAWS, acquisition reports, acquisition filter reports, etc.
* Gradually learns higher aspects of development reports such as meeting with and negotiation deals directly with physicians.
* Engages in understanding market business plans for new practice acquisitions and ensures on-boarding process and hand-offs to practice implementations is successful.
* Regularly initiates follow-up with both internal and customer contacts to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Maintains understanding of HCA Physician Services products and services.
* Ensures that customer issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing the Operations VP of any problems that may arise.
* Establishes a good working relationship with individuals at the practices and market leadership.
* Coordinates with others, including personnel in company branches to exchange information and update controls.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: This position requires the following minimum requirements:
* Strong ability to plan, organize and document policies and work flow methods for the improvement of the work unit.
* Project management and ability to plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control the work flow of others in an effective, efficient and positive manner.
* High level analytical and problem-solving abilities to research and resolve questions and problems.
* Ability to work effectively with others in a group environment.
* Ability to produce high quality work under circumstances of limited task supervision and to initiate the completion of other tasks not specifically directed.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Ability to work independently in a results-oriented manner.
* Must be able to read and evaluate complex contracts/agreements
* Proven track record of managing practice revenue.
* Experience managing retention and team building is required.
* Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, specifically medical practice accounting, third party reimbursement issues, patient flow and facilities management
EDUCATION: Four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in health services management, business administration or related field is generally preferred. Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
EXPERIENCE: Two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Has experience in the management of projects.
* Has a strong customer focus and its results driven.
* Shows strong initiative, innovation and motivation.
* Has strong interpersonal and communication skills.
WE ARE ACTIVELY INTERVIEWING! APPLY NOW!
Last Edited: 04/15/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.