HealthTrust (****iscommitted to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence throughan aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend managementsolutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Membersinclude approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and more than 26,000non-acute care sites.
JOB SUMMARY – Responsible fornegotiating industry leading national agreements for the group purchasingorganization in the area of Nursing. Objective is to ensure best in class industry pricing and contract termsand conditions. Position's key area of focus will be sourcing initiatives that areprimarily categories with low to medium spend, complexity, risk andsensitivity. Position may have someresponsibility for other types of categories for the purposes of developmentand workload allocation. It is preferred that the individual possess knowledge or experience inprinciples and concepts related to sourcing and contract management. Individual may require time to build knowledge of the industry,organization, processes, suppliers and customers. Individual will follow standard practices andpolicies in analyzing situations and data and solve a range of straightforwardproblems.
DUTIES (included but not limited to):
* Ability to plan and execute project timelines for assigned categories,with guidance from manager.
* Demonstrated level of organizational ability and attention to detail
* Ability to translate objectives into project planning priorities,create and manage work plans and timelines for multiple projects andpriorities, and finalize negotiations in the time-frame designated for theproject
* Ability to be highly efficient and productive without sacrificingquality
* Understanding or aptitude to learn the product categories assigned andhow end-users interface with the products.
* Understanding or demonstrated ability to learn in-depth aspects ofportfolio:
* Product features and benefits
* Product comparisons between supplier offerings
* Operational impact to provider
* Interpretation and use of market information provided by globalsourcing team
* With guidance from manager, Individual must be able to use knowledgeabout supplier to executive strategies, create leverage, and mitigate risks.
* Some assigned categories are handled through a simplified acquisitionprocess (SAP), where the strategy is primarily pre-determined. Other assigned categories are handled througha comprehensive acquisition process (CAP) that require strategydevelopment. For these categories, theindividual will develop the strategy with the guidance of their manager. Individual will seek guidance of manager forrisk issues and agreed upon risk mitigation strategies.
* Under general supervision, the individual is responsible for thesourcing process for their assigned portfolio. Including market research, bid preparation, RFI/RFP, contractnegotiations, and contract launch.
* CAP category strategies and final awards must be presented andvalidated by customer-led Advisory Boards and a customer-led, executive-levelSupply Chain Board.
* Individual's board presentations must be well prepared, concise, andarticulated clearly.
* Oversee supplier relationship during the sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews andreview new products/technologies as they arise in assigned categories.
* Build stable working relationships with customers with interactionprimarily being through member advisory/supply chain board presentations.
* Communications are primarily focused on effective and efficientcommunications with internal stakeholders and suppliers, with limitedcommunication to customers.
* Facilitate conversations with internal functional team during projectkick-off to gather feedback, opinions, and alignment of resource needs to meetcontracting initiative timelines
* Communication of bid process, negotiation status, agreement on terms,financial proposal concerns and other matters with supplier and internal team
* Collaboration required with functional team throughout sourcingprocess.
* Meet/exceed financial & operational goals in the annual contractingplan.
* Maintain timely achievement of all assigned sourcing initiativesensuring activities adhere to all established policies and procedures andstandards of business conduct.
* Resolve supplier and/or customer issues, as escalated by PortfolioSpecialist.
* Maintain strong customer relationships and build trust and respect byconsistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Customers are internal and external.
1 to 3 years of relevant work experiencepreferred. Ideal candidate will have experience in strategic sourcing andnegotiating a variety of contracts in the area of Nursing. Experience in: strategic sourcing, contract negotiation / management,materials management / purchasing, contracting financial analysis, and healthcare