Contract Specialist II
Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II
Under the general direction of the Contract Management Specialist this position is responsible to execute and to ensure the contracting authority vested with the university is effectively implemented and administered in accordance with the Integrated
Administrative Manual (
), and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Prepares, processes, and administers contract documents including but not limited to professional services, property leases, operating agreements, student placement/internship agreements, international agreements, memorandums of understanding, license agreements, revenue agreements, athletic game guarantee and travel agreements, financing agreements, and other contractual obligations required by the university. Provides support in the preparation, processing, and administration for construction and construction related service contracts for Public Works.
Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Classification Salary Range
$4,693 - 8,002 monthly
$4,693 - 5,500 monthly
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent?
Regular or Temporary
Full Time or Part Time
Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm
Procurement & Contract Services
(please use the apply button below)
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
1. Experience and knowledge of the contracting functions and the ability to interpret technical policies and procedures.
2. Experience with developing, reviewing, executing, and managing various types of contracts and agreements from inception of the requirement to award.
3. Experienced presenting information and to be able to respond to questions from a variety of constituents, such as faculty, staff, administrators, customers and the public.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
4. High level of negotiation and evaluation skills.
5. Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications. Ability to anticipate problems, address them proactively, and develop appropriate solutions.
6. Strong organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/programs simultaneously.
7. Comprehensive knowledge of contracts and agreements to develop, evaluate, and award various types of solicitations.
8. Demonstrated knowledge to evaluate and monitor contract performance to determine the necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, agreements, and compliance to contractual obligations.
9. Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
10. Ability to perform research, development and evaluate of policies and programs, including skills in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
11. Ability to extract data and compile information to write reports, correspondence, and make presentations.
12. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and information within bidding documents, contracts, agreements, and leases.
13. Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction when required.
14. Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
15. Excellent customer service skills and to work collaboratively with others.
16. Proficiency in standard office software programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Web Browsers.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to pass a background check.
17. Knowledge of government and/or educational institution contracting policies and procedures including but not limited to student placement agreements, interagency agreements and revenue agreements.
18. Knowledge of California State Contracting Manual, California State University Integrated
Administrative Manual (
) State and Federal laws and regulations regarding contracts.
19. Experience working with the on-line PeopleSoft Purchasing System (
), perform complex functions as well as process requisitions and purchase orders and provide status to end users.
20. Five years contracting experience within Higher Education.
Valid California Driver's License and maintenance of safe driving record required.
Is Background Check Required
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. employees who apply for the position.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. at the time of hire.
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Conflict of Interest
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit (please use the apply button below).
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit ****for%2....
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit (please use the apply button below).
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
First Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
For questions regarding this search, contact:
(see application details)
Please mention DiversityJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.