WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. understands that people require choices in where they want to begin to build a sustainable future. For more than 75 years, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. has maintained an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a difference in the lives of those you work with and those we serve.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeks a Contract Administrator I to join our downtown Pittsburgh, PA office. The successful candidate will support the Director, Contracts & Procurement and Director, Federal Contracts to provide guidance related to cradle to grave contracting and subcontracting for federal government, state/municipal government, and commercial contracting projects. Access to and maintenance of online government systems will be required (SAM, D&B, CPARS). Projects are primarily focused on architect, engineering and professional consulting services, which may include design/build and construction management efforts. Management oversight of activities is dependent on the complexity of the assignment.
· Participate in review of solicitation and contract documents; interpretation and provision of guidance on terms and conditions; support of proposal preparation; and negotiation of agreements
· Draft contract correspondence; maintain documentation; monitor compliance; and resolve disputes
· Interact with subcontractors, from initiation through the close-out process as required
· Collaborate with various internal departments and serve as a liaison between the company and our clients in fulfillment of contracts, ensuring appropriate management reviews and approval are obtained
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices, and have awareness and commensurate experience with applicable contracting regulations at the federal and state level (FAR, FAR supplements, State procurement regulations, etc.)
· Bachelor's Degree in Business/Contracting related field or commensurate directly applicable years of experience
· Minimum 2 years of relevant contracting experience supporting federal, state and municipal government and commercial contracts, including the provision of proposal support, the review and negotiation of contracts and subcontracts, and the administration of contracts during execution
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with Oracle is a plus.
· Possess the ability to communicate effectively and multi-task with both internal and external clients in a fast paced, quick turn-around environment
· Contracting experience with FAR Part 15 and 36, and state-level (DOT) is a plus
· Familiarity with negotiation of Design/Build, Architect & Engineering and Construction Management Contracting is preferred
· Acumen with Oracle System and ability to develop various automated reporting and tracking mechanisms, as well as the ability to navigate on-line government sites (SAM, CPARS, D&B) is desirable
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: